1. When will the first pre-orders ship?
The first IO HAWK will begin shipping on February 6th, 2015.
2. How long would take a novice to master the controls?
The IO HAWK takes 3-5 minutes on average just to get comfortable, once you relax, you can be fully proficient within 20-30 minutes.
3. Realistically, how long can someone ride an IO Hawk before their core/back muscles get tired?
Initially, riding the IO HAWK can be strenuous due to your body getting acclimated to standing on the device. Once you relax, you can ride the IO HAWK for its full range of 10-12 miles.
4. How much weight can it support?
The IO HAWK can support up to 280 pounds.
5. How does it handle bumps, cracks and curbs - is there any kind of suspension?
The IO HAWK handles bumps and cracks up to 1/2 inch very well, all you have to do is pay attention and bend your knees, as your knees act as your suspension.
6. How long does it take to charge fully?
The IO HAWK will fully charge in 3 hours.
7. Is it legal to use the IO Hawk on streets and/or sidewalks?
The IO HAWK has a very compact footprint, (a little wider than an average person's shoulders) it can easily be used on sidewalks, however check with your local authorities to ensure that it is not illegal to operate your IO HAWK on public sidewalks. For example, we live in Los Angeles and we ride them around everywhere.
8. Can it handle wet weather?
The IO HAWK is IP54 rated which means it can handle dust and light splash of water. You should not ride the IO HAWK in inclement weather or near puddles.
9.Who did you design the IO Hawk for?
The IO HAWK was designed for people of all ages to improve and increase their personal mobility.
10. Do you ship outside of the United States?
Yes, however the recipient will have the responsibility of clearing Customs in their respective country.
We appreciate all of the overwhelming interest and support for the new IO HAWK. Thank you for your continued support. ~ TEAM IO HAWK